Day 1 Arrival: Naples
From the airport, take a public bus or a taxi to your accommodation in central Naples. Depending on your arrival time, you can take a stroll through the city and get a first glimpse of the famous bubbling city of Naples.
Transport: Bus public or taxi from the airport
Day 2 Pompéi then Herculaneum or Naples
This morning you visit the astounding archaeological site of Pompeii. You can then choose to go to Herculaneum, or to return to Naples for a city tour.
Both of the towns Pompeii and Herculaneum were destroyed during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, both sites are in a remarkable state of preservation providing an invaluable testimony to ancient Rome.
The historic centre of Naples is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the baths, villas, temples and theatres. Discover the unique history and soul of each neighbourhood and soak in the special atmosphere which reigns in this city!
Train from Naples to Pompéi: 30 minutes
Train from Pompéi to Herculaneum: 20 minutes
4 - 5 hours of visits
Day 3 Capri
This morning you travel by airboat to the famous island of Capri. Here, charming houses line flowery alleys and small narrow streets with delightful sea views... As soon as you arrive it is clear why this stunning island is so famous! Move away from the touristy port to discover the hidden beauties of the island. A lovely walk leads you to magnificent views and you are immersed in the intoxicating beauty of this mediterranean island with its sumptuous villas, flower gardens and delicious turquoise waters. Back to Naples.
Boat from Naples to Capri: 45 minutes
3 - 4 hours of hiking
Elevation: +300 / - 300m
Day 4 Vesuvius and Agerola
Private morning transfer to Vesuvius. Today you hike to the edge of the crater, where a guide will give you information on the history and geology of one of the most famous and dangerous volcanoes in the world. You enjoy magnificent views of the Bay of Naples. Then, your driver takes you to the lovely village of Agerola, the starting point for many hikes.
Private transfer from Naples to Vesuvius: 1 hour
2 hours of hiking
Elevation: +200 / - 200m
Rpivate transfer from Vesuvius to Agerola : 1 and 1/2 hours
Day 5 The Path of Gods from Agerola to Positano
Today you follow the path of the gods. Discover a superb hike along an old mule track which once linked Agerola to the village of Positano. The views are simply stunning throughout. From the highest points, you can appreciate the sublime coastal landscapes, the iconic steep cliffs and pretty suspended villages. Once you arrive, enjoy some free time to visit Positano, a small cliffside village, with multicoloured houses which descend to the sea. Weather depending, you return by boat or bus to Amalfi, then you take the bus back to Agerola.
4 hours of hiking
Elevation: +150 / - 700m
Boat or bus from Positano to Amalfi, then bus from Amalfi to Agerola: 2 hours
Day 6 La vallée des moulins et le village de Ravello
Today you go up the beautiful Valley of the Mills (Vallee delle Ferriere). The road is lined with streams and waterfalls and you discover sublime lemon tree terraces and the old mills which used to make paper. Your path continues to Ravello, a beautiful village 350m above sea level. Take the time to lose yourself in the narrow streets and to visit the sumptuous villas Cimbrone and Rufolo. Finally, you discover Atrani, one of the most charming picturesque villages along the Amalfi Coast.
Bus from Agerola to Amalfi: 45 minutes
5 hours of hiking
Elevation: +600 / - 600m
Bus from Amalfi to Agerola: 45 minutes
Day 7 Agerola - Naples Airport
Transfer to Naples Airport in function with your flight times.
Private transfer from Agerola to Naples Airport: 1 and 1/2 hours
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
- 2 people (double rooms) from 545 € per person
- 3 people (triple rooms) from 495 € per person
- 4 people (2x double rooms) from 445 € per person
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Hotel accommodation with breakfasts (3 nights in Naples & 2 nights in Agerola)
- Evening meals in Agerola
- The private transfers (Days 4 & 7)
- Our assistance 24 hours 7 days a week
- A detailed roadbook with your comprehensive itinerary, logistic details and local tips
- Your international flights
- Evening meals in Naples and all lunches
- The transfers on public transport (buses, trains, metro...) (around 100€)
- Entance fees: Versuvius (10 €), Pompéi (17 €) and museums
- Tourist tax (around 2€ per person per night)
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- Sturdy hiking boots, good quality necessary, choose high rise boots to protect your ankles which non-slip 'vibram' soles
- Walking trousers
- T-shirts (sports tops, fast-drying, technical materials)
- A quality rain coat, breathable with sealed seams (Nikwax / Gore-tex...)
- A sunhat / cap
- Your swimsuit and a fast-drying towel
- Your personal toiletries
- A towel
- Sunglasses (quality)
- Sun cream (face and lips)
- A head torch and spare batteries
- Water bottle(s) min. 1.5L, light, refillable and isothermal
- Casual shoes for the evenings and for exploring towns/villages
- Toilet paper and a lighter
- Anti bacterial hand gel
- A tupperware box and cutlery for picnics
- Hiking poles
- A compass
- A small backpack 35-40 litres with a waist strap to carry with you each day containing your camera, water, your lunch, swimming stuff, a spare jumper etc...
- A large marine style bag or rucksack containing the rest of your belongings
- An anti-theft pouch to wear around your neck or waist containing your important documents
Health information & recommendations
- Avoid dropping litter - use bins or carry your rubbish with you.
- Use drinking water sparingly - avoid wasting water, take showers not baths, report leaks, etc..
- Support the preservation of cultural sites - resist the temptation to touch statues, moves stones etc..
- Exchanges are prefarable to donations - generations gifts can destabalize the local economic balance.
- When walking, be aware of fragile ecosystems, observe wildlife from a distance, stick to trails, limit trampling and do not steal from the nature - resist the temptation to pick flowers, collect fossils or stones...
- Some hotels have air conditioning - to avoid excessive energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, please use sparingly and remember to cut the aircon when you are not in the room.