The Emblematic Trails and Highlights of the Dolomites
Day 1 Arrival in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Arrival in Cortina d'Ampezzo and installation to your accommodation for 5 nights. Early this evening, you meet your guide and the rest of your group for a welcome dinner and briefing.
Day 2 Averau and the Cinque Torri path
Today we take the bus to Falzarego pass, the starting point of the emblematic 5 Torri hike. Todays trail begins, gently climbing upwards, our surroundings becoming increasingly mineral. We soon discover a beautiful field of stones and arrive at the foot of Averau, a rocky citadel culminating at 2649 metres above sea level. We continue around the mountain to Nuvolau pass. From here, it is possible to conquor Nuvolau summit, an additional 150m revealing fabulous panoramic views. Then, we re-join the historical 5 Torri path, famous among climbers. Along the route we can see remains of First World War Battles between Italian and Austro-Hungarian troops are still visible today. Back to Cortina.
Bus from to Cortina to Falzarego pass: Approx. 40 minutes
5 hours of hiking
Elevation: +600 / - 800
Day 3 Lagazuoi
From Falzarego Pass, today begins with the beautiful climb up Lagazuoi. From the top, 360 degree views are revealed and you can see Marmolada in the distance, the roof of the Dolomites at 3343m above sea level! During our ascent, we will discover more military remains dating back to the first world war. To reach the Scotoni refuge, frequented by Italian families, you descend to a pleasant valley at the foot of impressive vertical cliffs. Then you head up a final pass to catch the bus back to Cortina.
Bus from Cortina to Falzarego pass: Around 40 minutes
5 hours of hiking
Elevation: +700 / - 1000
Day 4 Tofana di Rozes
Tofana di Rozes is the seventh highest summit in the Dolomite Mountains. At 3225 metres it is one of the most iconic mountains in the Dolomites. These high rock faces are perfect for via ferrata. Today, from Dibona refuge a beautiful balcony path in offers views of the surrounding peaks, including the Cinque Torri which we discovered yesterday, Croda del Lago which we will discover tomorrow, and the beautiful valley of Travenanzes. A mythical hike! Return to Cortina by private transfer.
Private transfer from Cortina to Dibona refuge: Around 30 minutes
6 - 7 hours of hiking
Elevation: +900 / - 900
Day 5 Tour of Croda del Lago
We take the bus to Giau Pass. Today's hike showcases the extraordinary diversity of the Dolomite Mountains. First, we follow a beautiful path to green pastures and we obsrve how the surrounding mountains are sharpened by the elements. We continue around croda del lago, an impressive steep vertical cliff, then, descend gently to lago di Federa. First, this path is panoramic, then you continue into a beautiful forest before returning to the road. Back to Cortina.
Bus from Cortina to Giau pass: Around 30 minutes
6 hours of hiking
Elevation: +800 / - 800
Day 6 Tre Cime di Lavaredo
A top day to end our stay. From Auronzo, we discover the three most mythical mountains of the Dolomites, Tre Cime di Lavaredo. From the foot of these stone giants, we see more closely the Cima Grande, the highest summit of the three at 2999m. Surrounded by Cima Ovest and Cima Piccola, we hike up to Locatelli refuge and to incredible views of the north face of these 3 emblematic peaks. Return to Cortina in the middle of the afternoon.
Private transfer to Auronzo refuge: Around 45 minutes
4 hours of hiking
Elevation: +500 / - 500
Day 7 End of the trip
Afeter breakfast, it's time to leave !
See you soon and Grazie mille
Dates & prices
|From||To||Price per person||Guaranteed||Booking|
Trip code: BIDOL7A
- Comfortable hotel accommodation for 6 nights
- All breakfasts
- Picnic lunches days 2 to 7
- Evening meals days 1 to 6
- Airport transfers
- All transfers both public and private as detailed in itinerary
- Accompaniment by a qualified expert guide
- Lunch on day 1 and 7
- Dinner on day 7
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- Sturdy hiking boots, good quality necessary, choose high rise boots to protect your ankles which non-slip 'vibram' soles
- Walking trousers
- T-shirts (sports tops, fast-drying, technical materials)
- A quality rain coat, breathable with sealed seams (Nikwax / Gore-tex...)
- A warm layer, windproof
- A sunhat / cap
- Your swimsuit and a fast-drying towel
- Your personal toiletries
- A towel
- Sunglasses (quality)
- Sun cream (face and lips)
- A head torch and spare batteries
- Water bottle(s) min. 1.5L, light, refillable and isothermal
- Casual shoes for the evenings and for exploring towns/villages
- Toilet paper and a lighter
- Anti bacterial hand gel
- A tupperware box and cutlery for picnics
- Hiking poles
- A compass
- A small backpack 35-40 litres with a waist strap to carry with you each day containing your camera, water, your lunch, swimming stuff, a spare jumper etc...
- A large marine style bag or rucksack containing the rest of your belongings
- An anti-theft pouch to wear around your neck or waist containing your important documents
Health information & recommendations
- Avoid dropping litter - use bins or carry your rubbish with you.
- Use drinking water sparingly - avoid wasting water, take showers not baths, report leaks, etc..
- Support the preservation of cultural sites - resist the temptation to touch statues, moves stones etc..
- Exchanges are prefarable to donations - generations gifts can destabalize the local economic balance.
- When walking, be aware of fragile ecosystems, observe wildlife from a distance, stick to trails, limit trampling and do not steal from the nature - resist the temptation to pick flowers, collect fossils or stones...
- Some hotels have air conditioning - to avoid excessive energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, please use sparingly and remember to cut the aircon when you are not in the room.